Browser Market Share and
Operating System Market Share
Microsoft Continues to Lose Browser Market Share!!!
Vista Dead In Its Tracks - Windows 7 Does Better?
The Browser Market Share and Operating System Market Share White Paper data is by month starting in September 1997 through the April 2011
The summary findings in Janco's Browser and OS Market Share White Paper are:
- The SmartPhone market has taken off and users no longer have to depend on a PC to access the Internet
- Users are staying current with the latest versions of IE, and Firefox via the automatic update feature.
- Google’s Chrome is disappointing and has captured only a little over 5% of the browser market since its introduction.
- Internet Explorer’s market share continues to fall.
- Attacks on browsers are moving many users to the automatic update feature to get the latest versions of the browsers.
- The door was open for Google with Chrome – it is not clear that the current offering by Microsoft’s competitors can do much more damage to Microsoft's browser market share. However Microsoft must address the SmartPhone market to maintain its leadership position.