CIO, CTO, CSO, IT Service Management, IT Job Description, Sarbanes Oxley, and IT Salary News
CIO - CTO - CSO News
IT Management Tool Kit available for immediate download
CIO and IT Manager Tools Available - Saave 20%
CIOs and CTOs are in a constantly evolving field, however world class CIOs and CTOs focus on severak areas to help them manage more effectively. They are:
Over 2,400 pages of "Best Practices", tips and techniques, policies, procedures, job descriptions, electronic forms and much more. Ready for immediate download.more info
Mobile users outpace desktop users
Mobile users are nemesis of CIOs around the world
Business mobile usage is exploding and becoming an increasingly powerful tool for marketers to connect with consumers around the world. Statistics show that professional text message use is expected to continue growing through the end of this decade. Although few in-depth studies focused on text messaging statistics have been done in the past, recent reports are beginning to shed light on the opportunities and help us grasp the size and potential impact on businesses.
- 5 billion people globally send and receive SMS messages.
- Over 300 million people in North America use text messages
- The mobile industry had a revenue of $2 trillion last year
- 3.3 billion people access the internet via mobile. Its predicted that by 2025
- 72.6% of internet users will access the web via mobile-only, using their smartphones.
- 4 billion people are expected to own a smartphone by the end of the decade
How to Implement Omni Commerce -- the Wave of the Future
eCommerce systems are now moving towards the new paradigm
Enterprises need to have the right foundation. Management and leadership begin with having a strategy in place that works and then having the right people in place to create and implement them.
Implement a flexible platform
Keep emerging platforms in mind
Ensure IT and marketing agility
IT Management Tool Kit Released
IT Management Tool Kit - must have eBook
The IT Management Tool Kit components are over 2,400 pages in length is provided in MS WORD and PDF formats and includes the following:
- Security Manual Template
- How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
- IT Job Family Classification HandiGuide
- All of the Job Descriptions as individual MS Word files
- Interview and Hiring Guide
- Latest IT Salary Survey
- IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle plus Electronic Forms
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire
- Vulnerability and Threat Assessment Tool
High profile cyber attacks
More companies have faced ransomware attacks as cyberattacks are on the rise
Protection from ransomware attacks drives re-vamped IT Governance Infrastructure. To start, IT Governance moves organizations and C-Level executives to follow five steps to help them better prepare for Ransomware attacks.more info
IT Governance implementation tools
Implement new age proven IT Governance for Success
IT Goverance Infrastructure management supports operational functions such as system management, change control, release management, network management, applications management, job management, and database management. Across these functions, IT Infrastructure management provides a number of benefits that can result in cost savings, improved service levels, and operational efficiencies.
The template covers everything from the basics to the organizational inter-relationships. Included in the template are:
- Strategy and Charter Statement of Authority - Includes not only CIOs but also an IT Management Council (Steering Committee) and functional group leaders.
- IT Management Structure - Organizational approaches, roles and responsibilities for both centralized and de-centralitized organizations.
- Compliance - Objectives and responsibilities for IT, users, and auditors
- Personnel Practices - Everything in the employment life-cycle
- ERP and Omni Commerce - Strategy and best practices defined
- Controls - Definition of types and risk analysis
- Application Development Standards - Includes quality assurance requirements
- Backup and Recovery - Strategy and process alternatives
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity - Includes critical function analysis
- Security - Road map to how and what including appropriate management actions
- Access Control - Including separation of duties and definition of least privilege
- Server and Data Center Facility Requirements - Best practices to protect the physical assets
- Technical Guides including: HIPAA Audit Program; ISO Security Audit Checklist; CIO job description; Security Management Compliance Checklist; and much more.
C-Level executives hold CIOs accountable for security breaches
Tools for the CIO and IT Managers to better manage security exposure
Recent hacks have place a new emphsis on security risk factors. C-Level executives want to know what risks they face. Many are asking for Risk Scores. The issue is that existing KPI metrics do not help to address security risk in a way that is meaningful.
The constant stream of high profile breaches and the resulting class action lawsuits, negative PR, loss in share price, cybersecurity insurance pay-out refusals, and even termination of liable executives has made this an urgent priority.more info
WFH & Telecommuting environment may not be secure
WFH & Telecommuting environment
Pandemic restrictions relaxing, more and more people are going back to doing work at coffee shops and hotel lobbys. That means, they will be utilizing public Wi-Fi networks. It takes little effort to spy on data running over public networks for any data, such as e-mail attachments, that's flying over a wireless network.
In addition, because they are using BYOD devices and taheir own PC they may not be up to date with the latest antivirus software and application and operating system patches. Allowing your employees to use their PC as if it were a business machine is just asking for trouble.
The Work From Home & Telecommuting Policy is 19 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning and compliant telecommuting process. Included are forms defining the working environment in addition to a check list to validate that the off-site location complies with you safety requirements.more info