Tool Kits -- CIO CTO Tools
IT-ToolKits.com is the resource site for Information Technology management. This site contains the Information Technology and management infrastructure tools that the CIO, CSO, and CFO can use for Sarbanes Oxley, Disaster Recovery, Security, Job Descriptions, IT Service Management, Change Control, Help Desk, Service Requests, SLAs - Service Level Agreements, and Metrics. Site includes Browser and Operating System Market Share White Paper and IT Salary Survey Data.
Disaster Recovery Templates are Sarbanes Oxley compliant and the Disaster Recovery Template is included in the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Kit
IT-Toolkits.com supports a wide range of industries and enterprises of all sizes. Our clients include over 2,500 premier corporations from around the world, including over 250 of the Fortune 500.
Vendor Management - CIOs need to magage vendors more effectively
CIOs should not under estimate or under value the time that needs to be spent managing the vendors. CIOs need to managing vendor expectation, performance, and the vendor's understanding of your priorities.
CIOs need a clear plan to define metrics, evaluate, and manage the day to day performance of vendors. If they do this it will ensure problems are spotted early and actively managed so they don't blow up into relationship damaging crisis. In addition CIOs need an exit plan for each vendor to ensure any transition is smooth with the vendors obligations clearly defined.more info
CIO tools readings and posts
CIO tools readings and posts
- 10 Best Practices for Staffing 10 Best Practices to Staff Hire and Retain World Class Creative IT Professionals 10 Best Practices - Janco Associates has found the top ten...
- Top 10 Project Manager Challenges Top 10 Project Manager Challenges Top 10 Project Manager Challenges have been identified in a survey that was conducted by Janco Associates. One of the...
- IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced by Janco IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced by Janco Jancos IT job descriptions are constantly being updated to meet the latest technology and compliance requirements....
- 2014 IT Job Descriptions Released IT Job Descriptions have just been updated in the 2014 IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Janco announced today the release if 263 IT Job Descriptions in...
- Released Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, Janco has released the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® which is over 700 pages; includes...more info
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
Productivity on the upswing - Is the economy finally recovering
The Deparment of Labor (DOL) released a report showing that U.S. worker productivity has risen in the second quarter of 2014. This is a greater increase than expected based on previous estimates.
Productivity increased at a 2.5% annualized rate, after a revised 4.5% decrease in the prior three months that was the biggest since 1981, according to the DOL.
The positive news comes a month after Julys favorable jobs report, which showed that employers added more than 200,000 workers to payrolls for a sixth straight month, the first time thats happened since 1997.more info
Drive Business Success via Inovation
With the advent of Big Data driving swift transformation in many organizations' IT functions, uncertainty and fear of change can put the brakes on the vital ability to innovate. How can IT leaders help their teams to conquer uncertainty and embrace change in order to drive innovation and unlock the potential of data-informed decision making?
Creativity and Innovation in the Organization prepares you to foster a creative mindset across your enterprise - and to exploit uncertainty and chaos to unleash powerful ideas that drive results.
The policies that Janco has created are a must have that every enterprise needs. They can all be accessed by going to thePolicy Master Page (more info...) or the individual policies can accessed directly by clicking on the links below.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy (more info...)
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (more info...) Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Google Glass Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (more info...) Updated to include social networks as a communication path
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy (more info...) Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Patch Management Policy (more info...)
- Outsourcing Policy (more info...)
- Physical and Virtual Security Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Sensitive Information Policy (more info...) HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (more Info...)
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms (more info...)
Europe's CIO brace for a recovery
The European tech market has been down for several years. With most European economies emerging from recession, and Germany, Poland, and the UK doing better than that, CIOs in Europe can at last think about growing their tech budgets in 2014 and especially in 2015. Customer-facing technologies for sales and marketing and mobile and analytics technologies will see the strongest growth, contributing to relatively strong growth in software and communications equipment. Growth will solidify in 2015.more info