Tool Kits -- CIO CTO Tools
IT-ToolKits.com is the resource site for Information Technology management. This site contains the Information Technology and management infrastructure tools that the CIO, CSO, and CFO can use for Sarbanes Oxley, Disaster Recovery, Security, Job Descriptions, IT Service Management, Change Control, Help Desk, Service Requests, SLAs - Service Level Agreements, and Metrics. Site includes Browser and Operating System Market Share White Paper and IT Salary Survey Data.
Disaster Recovery Templates are Sarbanes Oxley compliant and the Disaster Recovery Template is included in the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Kit
IT-Toolkits.com supports a wide range of industries and enterprises of all sizes. Our clients include over 2,500 premier corporations from around the world, including over 250 of the Fortune 500.
Security issues that CIOs need to manage
Security is a critical issues as related in several posts:more info
SEC requires security threats to be reported in 10-Ks
SEC now requires Companies now have to report cybersecurity risks in their 10-Ks, and asdvises them to include even possible threats whose disclosure are not currently mandated by state breach-notification laws.
The SEC feels that it is better to make disclosures if a company has had a number of incidents, even if they are not individually material.
Security Policies - Procedures - Audit Tools
- more info
- Security Manual Template (Policies and Procedures) (ISO Compliant)
- Security Manual Template and Audit Program
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Bundle
- Security Manual Template, Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template, and Safety Program Bundle
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Audit Bundle
- Security Management Job Description Bundle - 17 full security job descriptions
- USA Freedom Act Security Bundle
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Audit Program
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard PCI-DSS Compliance Kit
- Security Audit Program
- Compliance with HIPAA Standards
- Compliance with FIPS 199
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Threat Risk Assessment Extended Service
GPS puts us closer to 1984 as predicted in Sept 2000 in PSR Reviews
Back in September of 2000, M V Janulaitis in PSR Reviews predicted that we were moving into a period when Orwells 1984 would be a reality. Today with the new legislation for the USA Freedom Act (replacement for the Patriot Act), NSA data gathering, and even TV shows that show how we all can be and are tracked. Privacy is now a luxury that is only available in areas where there is no cell or wifi coverage. Two historic issue that you may want to read are:
2000 is Closer to 1984 Than You Think Face Recognition By Computer is a Reality
Electronic Sensitive Information Policy
With identify theft and cyber attacks on the rise, youre facing new pressures to protect sensitive information. In fact, in 46 states have now passed data security laws that apply to companies that do business with residents of those states. These laws are designed to protect residents against identity theft by mandating security practices
- more info
- Implementing an information security program
- Encrypting data
- Notifying customers in the event of a security breach that compromises unencrypted personal information
C-Level executives within IT Articles
C-Level executives within IT Related Articles
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
- more info
- IT Job Descriptions Released IT Job Descriptions have just been updated in the IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Janco announced today the release of IT Job Descriptions in...
- Is It Time To Appoint a Chief Mobility Officer Is the time right to create a Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) position The time has arrived to legitimize and define the role of the chief...
- Is a Chief Mobility Officer necessary Chief Mobility Officer now almost a necessity The idea of a company having a chief mobility officer (CMO) is not a new one. But as...
- 10 reasons why organizations need a Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) business case Here are ten reasons your company needs a chief mobility officer: To deliver mobility solutions for the enterprise to...
- Released Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, Janco has released the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® which is over 700 pages; includes...
CFO to hold back on spending - Will that mean a pull back in IT
CFO Magazine reports that April 2015 Corporate Cash Indicators more financial executives will be a little less freer with their cash expeditures this quarter. Since over 40% of all CIOs report to the CFO this could mean there will be a pull back on IT expenditures.more info