Tool Kits -- CIO CTO Tools
IT-ToolKits.com is the resource site for Information Technology management. This site contains the Information Technology and management infrastructure tools that the CIO, CSO, and CFO can use for Sarbanes Oxley, Disaster Recovery, Security, Job Descriptions, IT Service Management, Change Control, Help Desk, Service Requests, SLAs - Service Level Agreements, and Metrics. Site includes Browser and Operating System Market Share White Paper and IT Salary Survey Data.
Disaster Recovery Templates are Sarbanes Oxley compliant and the Disaster Recovery Template is included in the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Kit
IT-Toolkits.com supports a wide range of industries and enterprises of all sizes. Our clients include over 2,500 premier corporations from around the world, including over 250 of the Fortune 500.
Mobile computing explosion causes security risks to multiply
Global mobile traffic grew 60 percent in 2013 alone and is projected to increase 11-fold by 2018. With limited IT budgets and resources, how will CIOs and IT Managers succeed in managing and securing thier network in the mobile workplace revolution?
Mobility Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
What is the cost of a business iinterruption?
Four steps that must be taken to determine if a business continuity plan is worth the investment are listed below. This will allow the organization to determine real dollar cost per downtime event, calculate acceptable data recovery points and return to operation goal. This data will then allow an organization to align itself to a particular disaster recovery organization(s) skill sets and capabilities.
- Conduct a Business Impact Analysis -- The first step is to conduct a business impact analysis. A BIA maps the interdependencies between each system (physical and virtual), application, and component with each business process and service provided. Based on the information collected in that process, a determination can be made on the consequences to the business as a result of disruption. This analysis should prioritize the importance of each process, application, and components in terms of cost to the business when they are no longer accessible. Those costs should include but are not limited to the following:
1. Lost productivity
2. Lost revenue
3. Complicance risk
4. Reputation loss
- Determine Recovery Time Objective -- The next step is to determine the Recovery Time Objective (RTO). RTO is the amount of time that a business process must be restored in order to meet Service Level Objectives (SLO) for the business. Organizations need to meet Recovery Time Objectives in order to avoid catastrophic consequences when a process or application continues to be unavailable. While system and component RTOs are important, the application RTO is what is important to the customer, whether internal or external. The RTO is established during the Business Impact Analysis portion of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Determine Recovery Point Objective - Next you need to determine the Recovery Point Objective (RPO). RPO is the amount of data loss that is acceptable for a certain time period as part of Business Continuity Planning (BCP). A certain amount of data loss for some processes is tolerable (i.e. a data entry clerk types data in manually to process sales orders, if the data entry clerk keeps the paper files for one day, then the RPO would be 24 hours). Recovery Point Objectives should be carefully planned for each process and application, as traditional backup and restore methods may not meet today's demanding business environments. Snapshot and replication technology enablers are needed in most environments to meet shrinking RPO time requirements. Calculate Cost of Downtime per Hour - How Much Does It Really Cost?
1. Labor cost per employee multiplied by percentage of employees affected by application or service interruption.
2. Average revenue per hour multiplied by percentage of revenue affected by outage.
Recent CIO and IT Management Articles
Recent IT Management Articles- more info
Vendor Management - CIOs need to magage vendors more effectively
CIOs should not under estimate or under value the time that needs to be spent managing the vendors. CIOs need to managing vendor expectation, performance, and the vendor's understanding of your priorities.
CIOs need a clear plan to define metrics, evaluate, and manage the day to day performance of vendors. If they do this it will ensure problems are spotted early and actively managed so they don't blow up into relationship damaging crisis. In addition CIOs need an exit plan for each vendor to ensure any transition is smooth with the vendors obligations clearly defined.more info
CIO tools readings and posts
CIO tools readings and posts
- 10 Best Practices for Staffing 10 Best Practices to Staff Hire and Retain World Class Creative IT Professionals 10 Best Practices - Janco Associates has found the top ten...
- Top 10 Project Manager Challenges Top 10 Project Manager Challenges Top 10 Project Manager Challenges have been identified in a survey that was conducted by Janco Associates. One of the...
- IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced by Janco IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced by Janco Jancos IT job descriptions are constantly being updated to meet the latest technology and compliance requirements....
- 2014 IT Job Descriptions Released IT Job Descriptions have just been updated in the 2014 IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Janco announced today the release if 263 IT Job Descriptions in...
- Released Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, Janco has released the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® which is over 700 pages; includes...more info
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer