Tool Kits -- CIO CTO Tools
IT-ToolKits.com is the resource site for Information Technology management. This site contains the Information Technology and management infrastructure tools that the CIO, CSO, and CFO can use for Sarbanes Oxley, Disaster Recovery, Security, Job Descriptions, IT Service Management, Change Control, Help Desk, Service Requests, SLAs - Service Level Agreements, and Metrics. Site includes Browser and Operating System Market Share White Paper and IT Salary Survey Data.
Disaster Recovery Templates are Sarbanes Oxley compliant and the Disaster Recovery Template is included in the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Kit
IT-Toolkits.com supports a wide range of industries and enterprises of all sizes. Our clients include over 2,500 premier corporations from around the world, including over 250 of the Fortune 500.
CIO Best Practices Digest
CIO Best Practices Digest
- Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 The top 10 issues that CIOs need to address in 2014 are driven by the current economic and...
- Top 10 CIO Leadership and Management Traits CIOs and IT Managers who are successful have some common leadership and management traits Are one of the people and able to get their hands...
- Top 10 Things a CIO Needs to Add Value Top 10 for CIOs -What does the CIO have to do to be viewed as a business person versus a technologist? There are many strategies...
- Top 10 CIO Productivity and Budgeting Issues CIO Productivity Kit The best companies, and their CIOs, recognize the importance of ready access to the right information to drive the right choices...
- CIOs Drive Enterprise Management Processes IT Infrastructure is key to CIOs leading enterprises in their management processes CIOs and other members of the IT management team could be the reason...
H-1B program runs amuck
H-1B program runs amuck
Information technology workers at Southern California Edison (SCE) are being laid off and replaced by H-1B workers from India. Some employees are training their replacements, and many have already lost their jobs.
Many US IT pros are upset and say they can't understand how H-1B guest workers can be used to replace US workers given the current economic conditions.
The SEC IT organization is expected to layoff about 400 , with another 100 or so employees leaving voluntarily.- more info
21 States have unemployments rates of 6% or higher
States with High Unemployment - 21 States have 6.0% or greater unemployedmore info
Many companies lack basic security protocols, such as two-factor authentication
Companies are increasingly reliant on third-parties to notify them that their security has been compromised.
Companies are continuing to find cyber attackers sooner. In the latest annual cyber-threat report the average time a company takes to detect a data breach fell to 205 days in 2014, down from an estimated 229 in 2013 and 243 in 2012.
But as cyberattacks increase in complexity and sophistication, companies dont always have the in-house resources to detect them. As a result, only 31% of organizations discovered they were breached through their own resources last year, compared with 33% in 2013 and 37% in 2012.
Business and professional services and retail operations saw the most online intrusions from malicious hackers in 2014. A common thread in these breaches is a lack of basic security protocols, such as two-factor authentication. Without two-factor authentication safeguards, a single stolen credential - obtained through phishing campaigns or social engineering can leave an entire network vulnerable.
Security Manual Template (Policies and Procedures) (ISO Compliant) Security Manual Template and Audit Program Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Bundle Security Manual Template, Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template, and Safety Program Bundle Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Audit Bundle Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Audit Program Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard PCI-DSS Compliance Kit Security Audit Program Patriot Act Security Bundle Compliance with HIPAA Standards Compliance with FIPS 199 Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Threat Risk Assessment Extended Service- more info
Disasater Recovery and the Cloud best and worst practices definedDisasater Recovery and the Cloud best and worst practices are defined in the articles listed below
- Outsourcing top 10 reasons why it fails Top 10 reasons why outsourcing fail 10 reasons why outsourcing arrangements fails No clearly defined long-term strategic organizational objective is defined the outsourcing arrangement...
- Top 10 Reasons Cloud Solutions are Expanding Top 10 Reasons Cloud Computing is Exploding As CIOs and businesses move organizations towards cloud solutions and processing there are many benefits. The top 10...
- Disaster Plans now include cloud More CIOs opt for Disaster Plans that include the cloud Once a CIO includes a cloud provider in their disaster plans the flood gates are...
- Many CIOs have not addressed cloud security issues Less than 50% of all organizations have policies in place that for vetting cloud computing applications for possible security risks before deploying them. The number...
- 10 reasons to move Disaster Recovery to the Cloud Top 10 reasons why the cloud makes sense for disaster recovery planning Cloud data disaster recovery protection solutions offer a combination of the latest advancements...