Disaster Recovery Plan - Business Continuity Plan Template
ISO 27000 ( formerly ISO 17799 ) - Sarbanes-Oxley - HIPAA - PCI-DSS Compliant
Data center and information systems infrastructure are the backbone enabler's of most companies’ critical business processes. When organizations experience a major disaster or disruption, ensuring operational continuity for critical business processes requires that IT and electronic data be recovered in a timely manner.
The IT Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template delivers a proven solution designed to protect and, if necessary, relocate critical information systems to alternate data center facilities. The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template does this by employing a comprehensive strategic and tactical planning approach that aligns recovery solutions with key business requirements and tolerances for disruption. The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template also delivers an actionable recovery plans that will direct your staff to respond to events beginning from the point of an initial data center disruption through alternate site relocation, operational recovery and return to your home facilities.
The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template has helped hundreds of organizations across a broad spectrum of industries in the creation of actionable Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
This Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) can be used as a Disaster Planning template for any enterprise. The Disaster Recovery template and supporting material have been updated to be Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA compliant. The Disaster Planning Template comes as a Word document and includes:
- Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Template
- Business and IT Impact Analysis Questionnaire
- Work Plan
- Disaster Planning Audit Program
- Incident (Media) Communication Plan/Policy
- Compliance with ISO 27000 ( ISO 27001, ISO 27002, and ISO 27031), Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA standards
- Web Site Disaster Recovery Planning Form
- Department Disaster Recovery Activation Workbook
- Quick Reference Guide
- Team Alert List (Form)
- DRP Team Responsibilities
- DRP Team Checklist
- Critical Function(s) Definition
- Normal Business Hour Response Procedures
- After Hours Response Procedures
- DRP Location(s) Definition
- DRP Recovery Procedures
- Notification Procedures
- Notification Call List (Form)
- Updated Business and IT Impact Analysis Questionnaire
- Vendor Disaster Recovery Questionnaire
- Vendor Phone List Form Updated
- Key Customer Notification Form
- Critical Resources to be Retrieved Form
- Business Continuity Off-Site Materials Form
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Security Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- VP Strategy and Architecture
- Director Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Director e-Commerce
- Director Media Communications
- Manager Disaster Recovery
- Manager Disaster Recovery and Business ContinuityDisaster Recovery Coordinator
- Disaster Recovery - Special Projects Supervisor
- Manager Database
- Capacity Planning Supervisor
- Manager Media Library Support
- Manager Site Management; and
- Pandemic Coordinator
The DRP template is over 200 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Disaster Recovery Plan to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for the following major sections of a disaster recovery plan:
- Plan Introduction
- Business Impact Analysis - including a sample impact matrix
- DRP Organization Responsibilities pre and post disaster - drp checklist
- Backup Strategy for Data Centers, Departmental File Servers, Wireless Network servers, Data at Outsourced Sites, Desktops (In office and "at home"), Laptops and PDA's.
- Recovery Strategy including approach, escalation plan process and decision points
- Disaster Recovery Procedures in a check list format
- Plan Administration Process
- Technical Appendix including definition of necessary phone numbers and contact points
- Job Description for Disaster Recovery Manager (3 pages long) - entire disaster recovery team job descriptions are available.
- Work Plan to modify and implement the template. Included is a list of deliverables for each task. (Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Assessment)
- Disaster Recovery Manager Responsibilities
- Distribution of the Disaster Recovery Plan
- Maintenance of the Business Impact Analysis
- Training of the Disaster Recovery Team
- Testing of the Disaster Recovery Plan
- Evaluation of the Disaster Recovery Plan Tests
- Maintenance of the Disaster Recovery Plan
Click on the link below to get the DRP/BC sample pages now and make it a part of your disaster recovery toolkit.
Testimonial - Dave Baker - City of Hamilton - I have found the DRP template invaluable!
Testimonial - Bob Rifenbury -MCSE/CCNA Launch Testing Lab - The DRP Template saved me about 6 months of work!
Testimonial - Kelly Keeler - Martin's Point Health Care - I have received and I began using the template immediately. IT IS GREAT! Made this process a snap for me. Cut my documentation time down from. weeks to hours! This document has made, what began to be an overwhelming process turn into a snap!
Testimonial - Juan Stamos - Mexico City Corporation - We had a DRP in place, but needed a more user friendly structure. The Disaster Recovery Template (Gold edition) has that structure. It was very easy to quickly move our DRP into Janco's DRP Template -- a real added value.
* Update service is for 12 months unless it is purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the Template. Janco reserves the right to validate purchase of the customer was made for the template.